MULTICULTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
When the Saginaw Township Community Schools' Resource Team was formed in the spring of 2004 to address bullying and discrimination concerns, this group of community leaders and school administrators recommended the formation of a new group called the Superintendent Multicultural Advisory Committee to continue to promote cultural understanding and to address issues and concerns. The committee has held monthly meetings ever since.
· To work toward improving the communication process with students, parents, staff and community members in Saginaw Township Community Schools.
· To help establish and maintain positive relationships between all ethnic groups in Saginaw Township Community Schools.
· To provide a forum for addressing issues/concerns.
· To support and plan school activities/strategies to help resolve issues/concerns.
· To provide support towards closing the achievement gap and helping communicate Saginaw Township Community Schools' standards and expectations.
Committee members will consist of one or two parent representatives, of diverse ethnicity, from each school in the Saginaw Township Community School District.
One-hour meetings will be held once a month during the school year at 6:00 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the White Pine Media Center, or as determined by the Committee.
An issue or concern may be addressed by completing and signing an Issues/Concerns Form and giving it to the building principal or the Committee Chairperson. Forms may be picked up in the building principal's office, from any committee member or by calling the Superintendent's Office at 399-8044.
An issue or concern must be submitted to the Superintendent's Office, prior to the next meeting, for inclusion on the agenda. Each person addressing the Committee must state his/her name and address and may have up to five minutes to speak at two different times during the meeting.
For additional information, please contact your building principal, building committee representative, or the Superintendent's Office at 399-8044.
Bylaws of the Committee