School Improvment Goals
As well as the adult roles from the District's School Improvement Plan, the Mackinaw Academy focuses on the following six (6) basics that all students need to demonstrate in order to graduate:
1. The ability to read at the high school level.
2. The ability to do math at the high school level.
3. The ability to solve semi-structured problems where hypotheses must be formed and tested.
4. The ability to work in groups with persons of various backgrounds.
5. The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. The ability to use personal computers to carry out simple tasks.